Embark on a fascinating adventure through our solar system and beyond with National Geographic’s StarApp70mm telescope. This refractor is great for lunar, planetary and deep sky observing and has a special mount that allows users to attach their smart phone to the telescope and use the ARTelescope App to locate and learn about constellations and planets. As observers move the telescope across the night sky, they will hear facts about the constellations and planets in the app’s database as they come into view. The telescope comes with two interchangeable eyepieces and a 2x Barlow lens to provide a versatile range of magnifications.
- Special mount atop telescope tube allows users to attach their device to the telescope and easily locate constellations and planets in the night sky using the ARTelescope App
- In-app encyclopedia provides additional details about planets and constellations
- 70mm aperture is excellent for lunar and planetary observing as well as viewing the brightest Messier objects
- Comes with two interchangeable Plössl eyepieces and a 2x Barlow lens to provide magnification options of 26.9x, 52x, 72x and 144x
- Includes simple mount for smooth movements and a full size tripod with a center accessory tray
- Additional adapter helps observers position their own smart device over the eyepiece to capture and share images
- Dew shield cover minimizes build-up of moisture and debris on the lens between observing sessions