Brother Sewing Machine 1034D 3/4 Lay-In Thread Serger
Unleash your design and creative potential while creating designer-level fashions and home decor!
Enhance your sewing skills with this sewing machine.
Designed for finishing the edges and hems of a wide range of fabrics, including formal wear, linens and stretchy fabrics, and for creating ruffles and decorative edges, the Brother™ 1034D Serger is the perfect addition to any sewing room.
This reliable, easy to learn and use 3/4 thread serger features 22 built-in stitch functions, and snap-on, interchangeable creative feet. Stitch options include 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches. With its differential fabric feed, the 1034D helps you achieve better stitch quality, for a more even, professional finish, even on very thin or stretchy fabrics.
Threading is easy, with the color-coded upper thread guides and lower looper threading system. Plus, the included snap-on presser feet allow for quick and easy changes to transition to each desired stitch. To help you get started, the 1034D includes an instructional video, and a complete, printed instructional manual in English and Spanish. Other included accessories: soft cover, accessory bag with needle set, 4 spool nets, tweezers, cleaning brush, hexagonal wrench, trim trap, Serger Workbook, Serger Techniques CD, Instructional CD, and an Operation Manual.
- 3/4 thread: Easily create precise, professional-quality seam finishing and rolled hems with the 3- or 4-thread cut and sew serger stitches.
- Versatile stitch options: Choose from 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches.
- 22 built-in stitch functions: 3 heirloom stitches, 3 stitches for formal and bridal wear, 6 stitches for home decorating and crafts, 10 stitches for reinforced tape applications.
- Differential fabric feed for better stitch quality: The differential fabric feed helps improve the stitch quality on virtually all types of fabric, especially important when sewing stretchy, knitted, or thin fabrics. Differential feed ratio is 0.7 to 2.0.
- Easy threading: The 1034D has easy to follow, color-coded lay-in threading, and the lower looper threading system is designed to make sure the thread stays right in place.
- Fast, up to 1300 stitches per minute: Saves time, and delivers high quality stitching, even at up to a high 1300 spm speed.
- Adjustable stitch width: The stitch width can be easily adjusted between 3.00mm to 7.00mm, helping to provide the perfect stitch width for your project.
- Adjustable foot pressure: The pressure of the presser foot is fully adjustable, to help ensure consistently highly quality stitching on both heavy and light fabrics. Loosening the pressure for lightweight materials will help prevent puckering, and will allow for easier sewing of curves.
- 2-point thread tension control: The pre-tension device allows for smoother delivery of thread, and the tension for each needle can also be individually adjusted, for even more precise control for each type of thread.
- Removable free arm: Simply slide off the removable arm to serge cylindrical items such as sleeves.
- Retractable knife: The retractable knife blade helps prevent against accidentally cutting your fabric when you're working close to the edges of rolled hems.
- Brightly lit workspace: No more task lights needed, as brilliant light floods the needle area.
- Safety feature: For your safety, the 1034D will operate only when the front cover is closed.
- Uses standard sewing machine needles: No need to purchase special needles – the 1034D can use most standard home sewing machine needles.
- Built-in storage: Store your accessory tools on the front panel flip-down door, and use the removable trim trap to store the foot controller, and to collect trim while serging.
- Lighting: Bulb (15 Watt)
- Threads: 3 / 4
- Number of Needles: 2
- 2/3 Thread Change: No
- Color-Coded Thread System: Yes
- Needle Threading System: No
- Thread Tension: Manual (Upper Dial Type)
- Underlooper Threader: Yes
- Adjustment for Thread Tightness: No
- Stitch Fingers: 1
- Knife Drive Type: Down side
- Sewing Features: Overlock Seam Width: 3.0 - 6.0mm
- Double Chain Stitch: No
- Cover Stitch: No
- Maximum Sewing Speed (stitches per minute: 1,300)
- Built-in Sewing Stitches (includes buttonhole styles): 22 (no buttonhole styles)
- Stitch Width: 4.5 - 7.0mm
- Stitch Length: 2.0 - 4.0mm
- Differential Feed: 0.7 - 2.0mm
- Change for Rolled Hemming: Removable Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment: Yes
- Free Arm: Yes
- Table: No
- Specialty Feet Included: Yes
- Accessory Storage: Yes
- Included Accessory Feet: Blind hem stitch/Multi-purpose guide foot, gathering foot
- Table: No
- Foot Controller: Yes
Weight: 15 lbs.